Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kindergarten

is coming for Thomas next year! It is gonna be interesting to see if his mother can actually pull it off!! For 2 years we have been telling him 'no - you don't have to do school - this is for brothers - go play or sit with us quietly'. Let me just say to all of you with little ones - NEVER EVER say this to your child - it will come back to haunt you! Granted he almost always chose to sit with us(and not quietly I might add) but now that I have started talking about starting school next year - he is retty adamant that he will NOT be doing school!



it is hard to fuss at a child that walks around all day telling me - 'mommy. i love you' constantly and for no reason at all.

i do know that i will be using My Father's World Kindergarten program to teach him to read. I used part of it with Ben and I used part of the 1st grade with Stephen. We are currently using The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading - which I like alot - but every time I pull out this big ol book to do reading/phonics with Ben he goes crazy! Do I have to do that whole book? Not right now just this page today. But that whole book has to be done? Over and Over!
I just recently acquired the MFW 1st Grade TM and student stuff at a local used curriculum sale and so I will be starting that with Ben this week and hopefully he will be a little bit happier with that!
Anyways....all that to say I am a little bit nervous about how Thomas is gonna fit into the scheme of 'school'. he will be doing is own Reading program and math and I am hoping he will just tag along with the rest of the stuff with us - pretty much like he does know. It never seems like we have enough time in the day to get it all done(poor planning or laziness on my part for sure) and we are adding a non reader to the program!

No comments:

Post a Comment