Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Science

I thought we would just read and learn about different things from the ton of Science books I have around the house - Magic School Bus & the Lets Read & Find Out books.

I had to change my mind as we started doing this whole CM style of schooling. We do so much reading in all the other areas and the boys do so love to do experiments that I felt we needed to do Real Science instead. I read about the Apologia Elementary books, then borrowed the Flying Creatures from a friend to glance thru and see how the lessons are laid out and I was sold! Jeannie Fulbright writes with a Charlotte Mason style and the lessons seem to be so interesting, simple and fun that I broke down and ordered Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day *cheap*!!

The boys chose the Swimming animals over the Flying or Land animals!
It came tonight while I was at work and I can't wait to look through it - a little bedtime reading for mommy tonight!
I also found out that you can buy lab kits for the apologia sciences here so you don't have to scrounge around looking for that item you thought you had but you can't find and you need it for today's lesson! That will have to be me though because we can't buy the lab kit right now!!
I would love to know if any of you have done this science or have heard anything about it???
off to bed now........

3 comments:

  1. We are using Apologia Astronomy and LOVE it!! It is SO fun and the boys look forward to it every day. We haven't done all of the activities, but we do a lot of lapbooking and notebooking to go along with it.

    We joined the yahoo group and found all of the lapbooking and notebooking pages in the files as well as a ton of other resources.

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elem_Apologia_Science/

    The boys are having a really good time with it and so am I!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on my "consider for the future" list. :)
    Can't wait to hear how it works for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have done this one and the Astrology one love them, we also have the Botany one and a chemistry one.

    did not know they had a yahoo group though hmm may check that out.

    ReplyDelete