Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Work Boxes

I don't know if you have seen these but I follow a couple blogs that are using this idea and so after being up until 2:00 last night looking around at all the ideas and whatnot I have decided to adventure into the land of work boxes!!! I absolutely cannot afford the book so I am going to try it from reading what others have done - I feel guilty not buying the book but it is just not affordable for us right now and I think the idea will soooo help the boys and me with schooling that I think it is worth trying!! I am aiming for the book after convention or maybe at convention!!
I went to dollar tree and exchanged some boxes I had previously bought for a different project for ones that will work for this idea! I didn't buy the clear ones because they just aren't colorful enough for me and they are too wide for the shelves I already own to use for them!! I also only bought 6 for S & B and 3 for T. It is summer and since we are playing catch up I don't want to do as much as we would during the year and I am going to add in games and group things to their schedules that they won't need as box for anyways! I am off to rearrange some books on my bookshelves so I can make room for the work boxes!!! I am sure I will post pics after I get it all set up and to let you guys know how it is working for us!!!
I am really excited about this idea especially after reading how it has worked for so many other ladies!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you! How fun!

    You dont need that ol' book anyhow!!! ;-) You'll do wonderfully without it!

    Take some pictures and share! I LOVE peaking into others hoemschools!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your updates. :)

    I haven't read the book either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A system, any system, will only work if you make it your own. Invent your own system! I can't wait to see it!

    And yes, our blessing is sung to "where is thumbkin."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!

    I have given you a "Sisterhood" Blog Award!

    Thank you for being my blogging buddy!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete